Visitors

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What can you tell me about this photograph?

I have an amazing collection of photographs of Los Angeles musicians that I hope to share through this blog. Some of them are particularly intriguing because I do not know the names of the performing ensembles,  individual musicians, or anything else about the photographs.  I am wondering if you can help me identify the group and any individuals in this picture.  I assume it is from the 1930s.

Is it a family orchestra? What kind of music do they play? Can anyone identify the type of accordian? What about the other instruments? Did they ever appear in a Hollywood movie?  The photo indicates that it was shot at the Empire photo studio in Los Angeles. 

Any guesses?  I'd love to hear from you--particularly if you are in this photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment